What personal information do we collect?
We collect various types of information about our users in connection with the services or products provided through the rolatape.com website (collectively, the “Services”), including:
We also may collect information in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent.
Why do we collect personal information and how is it used?
Bosch will not collect or use personal information for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you notice (or obtaining your consent, where required by applicable laws in the relevant jurisdiction).
Is personal information shared or disclosed?
Bosch may share your information with:
What are the risks?
What else should you know?
Notice to Canadian Users: Please note that by using the Website/Application and/or voluntarily providing your Personal Information to us, as applicable, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information as described in this Notice. If you do not consent to the processing of your Personal Information in accordance with this Notice, please do not access or continue to use the Bosch Website/Application or otherwise provide any Personal Information to us.
This Notice covers our treatment of (1) personally identifiable information, as defined by numerous statutes in the United States ( “PII Laws”), (2) personal information, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), and (3) personal information, as defined by Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and any applicable substantially similar provincial legislation (“Canadian Privacy laws”) (collectively, “Personal Information”) which we gather when you are accessing, viewing, completing, or using this rolatape.com website or our Services.
III. Collection of Personal Information
The rolatape.com website has collected the following Personal Information from users of the rolatape.com website within the last twelve (12) months:
Collection of Personal Information
Bosch will continue to collect the Personal Information described above. If any additional Personal Information is collected by Bosch, we will provide any required notice(s), and where applicable obtain any required consent(s), in accordance with applicable laws in the relevant jurisdiction.
IV. Sources of Personal Information
Bosch collects Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
1. Directly from you. For example, when given by you or collected from you through your access to and/or use of the rolatape.com website and/or the Services, in context of registering an account, subscribing to or purchasing our Services, posting materials or when you contact customer support or otherwise interact or communicate with Bosch, its agents, representatives, suppliers, vendors or consultants through the rolatape.com website. This information may include, without limitation, your first and last name, address, phone number, e-mail address, password, mailing address, occupation and any other information you choose to provide us.
2. Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your use of the rolatape.com website and/or the Services, or services related thereto. The following data may be collected automatically: the website from which you visit Bosch (referrer), pages viewed, files downloaded (downloads), individual links clicked, search words or search phrases (site search), duration of visit, browser used, device data (e.g., unique device identifier, MAC address, IP address, serial number, hardware model, network information and operating system and version), and other relevant details and/or information. If the visit is a result of online advertising such as banners, video ads, search engine advertising, etc., Bosch or its agents, representatives, suppliers, vendors or consultants may record which banner, adware, etc. motivated or assisted with the visit to the rolatape.com website.
V. Use of Personal Information and Purpose Specification.
Bosch may use your Personal Information for the purpose of:
1. Fulfilling or meeting the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our Services, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your Personal Information to purchase a Service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
2. Technical administration of Bosch and Bosch affiliate websites, mobile applications and/or services.
3. Maintaining the safety, security, and integrity of our websites, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
4. Customer, vendor, licensor and/or supplier administration, review and/or reports.
5. Administering, maintaining, personalizing and improving Bosch and Bosch affiliates’ mobile applications, products and services, including, without limitation, to authenticate users, process payments, provide requested services, provide optional additional services and to develop new features, products and/or services.
6. Providing customer service.
7. Responding to submitted inquiries and customer service requests and other questions and/or comments.
8. For the U.S., this data may be used for marketing and analytic purposes.
9. Compliance with legal and/or regulatory requirements.
10. Evaluating or conducting a merger, sale of assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of any Bosch business, asset or opportunity by, with or into another business, entity or company.
Bosch will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you notice (or obtaining your consent, where required by applicable laws in the relevant jurisdiction).
VI. Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information.
1. Bosch affiliated entities, including Bosch’s parent company in Germany, Robert Bosch GmbH, to leverage shared services and improve our Services;
2. Bosch third party service providers, vendors, consultants, suppliers, licensors, marketing, partners and other partners and entities performing work on Bosch’s behalf, such as hosting vendors, advertising service providers, data analytics companies, marketing service companies, list managers and delivery companies.
3. Relevant authorities in accordance with, and as Bosch deems required, necessary and/or appropriate by, or in connection with, applicable law, regulation, court order or legal process;
By accessing and/or using the rolatape.com website or the Services, you consent to the above uses and sharing of your Personal Information in accordance with this policy.
VII. Disclosure or Sale of Personal Information – Past 12 Months
1) Disclosure of Personal Information. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Bosch has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
b. Internet or other similar network activity.
c. Geolocation data.
d. Inferences drawn from other Personal Information.
We disclose your Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
2) [Sales of Personal Information. [In the preceding twelve (12) months, Bosch has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
a) Internet or other similar network activity.
VIII. Use of third-party web analytics tools
Bosch uses any information gathered by such analytics tools to analyze your use of the Bosch Tools Website, to generate reports on website activities and to perform other rolatape.com website related services to you. Only authorized persons have access to this anonymized data.
IX. Use of social plugins as part of social media.
The rolatape.com website may use social media plugins (“Plugins”) from social networks like Facebook, Google+ and Twitter (“Social Network”). The Plugins are identified by the respective social media logo or the respective suffix (the “Button”).
If you visit a page on the rolatape.com website that contains Plugins, your browser will establish a direct connection to the Social Network server and load the Button from there, At the same time the Social Network will know that the respective page on the rolatape.com website has been visited. If you click on a Button, you establish a direct connection to the respective Social Network. By clicking the applicable Button you accept and consent to the transmission of your data to the Social Network. If you are logged into the Social Network, it can also associate your visit to the rolatape.com website to your Social Network account.
If you do not wish your data to be transmitted to the applicable Social Network via the rolatape.com website, ensure that you are not logged into the Social Network before visiting the rolatape.com website, and do not click on any Plugins while on the rolatape.com website.
Our websites may also use the YouTube video platform that enables playback of audio and video files. By visiting such websites, YouTube receives information that you have accessed the corresponding page on the rolatape.com website. Such data is transmitted to YouTube whether you are logged into a YouTube user account or not.
For information about the scope and purpose of data collection by these social media companies, and your rights and the settings you can configure to protect your privacy, please refer to their privacy policies.
X. International Data Transfer
XI. Children’s Privacy
Bosch does not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from online visitors under the age of 16. Bosch does not knowingly allow visitors under the age of 16 to participate in any promotions or contests made available on the rolatape.com website from time to time.
XII. California “Shine the Light” Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine The Light” law permits those Bosch customers who are residents of California to annually request a list of their Personal Information (if any) that Bosch disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, and the names and addresses of those third parties. At this time, Bosch currently does not share any Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes.
XIII. Use of links to affiliated sites